CANDELA MEDICAL GRADE laser HAIR REMOVAL OFFERS
COURSE OF 6 TREATMENTS
FREE CONSULTATION & PATCH TEST
Full Face & Neck €450
Any Bikini Line - Get Free Underarm from €290
Full Leg + Any Bikini + Underarm €999
Laser Hair Removal
At Elysium Galway, we pride ourselves on using only the best laser hair removal equipment in the industry, which is why we use Candela GentleLASE, the most advanced FDA approved grade 4 medical laser to treat unwanted hair. Candela GentleLASE alexandrite laser is the premier hair removal laser. It treats your body comfortably, effectively and quickly. Only Candela lasers feature the Dynamic Cooling Device (DCD™) to maximize patient safety and comfort. Targeting the hair follicle with laser energy, destroying it at its root while preserving the surrounding skin:
• Smoother skin, free of unwanted hair
Are Laser Hair Removal treatments painful?
In general no it is not a painful treatment. Gentle Hair Removal treatments use a patented Dynamic Cooling Device™ (DCD™), which prepares the skin for treatment by spraying the upper layer with a cooling burst of cryogen just milliseconds before the laser pulse. DCD helps ensure that Gentle Hair Removal treatments are as comfortable as they are effective.
How long do Gentle Hair Removal treatments take and how many will I require?
Treatment times vary depending on your specific area to be treated. Hair growth is reduced after each treatment and the number of treatments required will be based on your hair colour and type, body area and skin tone.
What are Gentle Hair Removal treatments like?
Laser energy is delivered through a small hand piece operated by your highly trained and experience therapist. The laser delivers an intense beam of light, which is absorbed by the hair follicle and converted to heat. The heat damages the hair follicle while the surrounding tissue remains unaffected. Your skin may be slightly red immediately following the procedure. This typically lasts from a few minutes to several hours after the procedure.
Is Candela GentleLASE Laser Hair Removal Safe?
Yes. As the most advanced laser hair removal system available, and with patented cooling technology, this method of permanent hair removal is very safe. It also includes the largest spot size and fastest repetition rate found on any hair removal laser available today, making your sessions quicker and cheaper.
How much does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
Prices vary depending on which area you want covered. See our price list on the home page for detailed prices.
Am I suitable?
Laser only works on brown or black hair. It does not work on blonde hair.
When can I start my laser treatment?
All consultations and patch tests are carried out free of charge and are necessary to proceed with all laser hair removal. Call us today on 091 556846 for a free consultation or click here to book your free consultation & patch test online
What happens in the laser consultation?
Your laser consultation is to ensure you are a suitable candidate for laser hair removal. A patch test will also be performed to show you how the laser machine works and so you can see how it reduces hair growth. This is also to ensure you have no reactions to the heat of the laser or the cryogen in the cooling device. Some of the topics that will be discussed are as follows: skin type, hair colour, lifestyle, medical history and medication. After the consultation you will have a clear understanding of how the laser works and feels and what is required from you and your therapist for a successful course of treatments.
Candela Laser Hair Removal - Pre and Post Treatment
- Shave the area to be treated 12 - 24 hours prior to your treatment, ensuring there is absolutely no hair in the area to be treated (if there is any hair remaining we will be unable to carryout treatment or there will be a shaving surcharge)
- No tweezing, waxing or plucking for six weeks prior to your 1st laser appointment.
- Sun exposure must be avoided for 4 weeks pre-treatment and an SPF of 30+ used on exposed areas every day.
- Fake tan must NOT be applied for 2 weeks pre-treatment and any tans applied before this must be THOROUGHLY EXFOLIATED OFF.
- If painkillers have been taken within 24hrs of treatment we will be unable to perform treatment.
- All heat treatments must be avoided for 24 – 48 hours post treatment – Showers, sauna, steam rooms, exercise etc.
- A sunblock of SPF 30+ must be used on exposed skin areas which have been treated for 4 weeks post treatment. Our Image prevention + has a broad spectrum UVA & UVB protection and will provide complete sun protection.
- Redness can last for several days post treatment – a cool compress can be used post treatment for comfort.
- Aloe Vera can be applied to treated areas. We stock 100% pure Aloe Vera Gel which we recommend using after treatment
- No Moisturiser or tanning product to be applied to the area for 48 hours or until the skin has completely recovered.
- No tweezing waxing or plucking. Hairs can be shaved or trimmed.
- The area can be exfoliated 4 days post treatment to encourage the hairs to shed